Monday, October 22, 2007

throw in the towel

There are some times in life where you're ready to throw in the towel. You can't stand the way things are going.

I think God brings you to that point sometimes just to show you whose boss.
Saturday I read this while I was at work and frustrated with things.
Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I realized at this point when i read it, that I was anxious about my life, and about what I'm supposed to be doing. Wondering if what I see as my God given passion and desire is really what He wants. and this was causing frustration and a lack of peace.

At that point I read that I had to stop in my tracks and pray that God take away the anxiousness, praise him for being active in my life and bring my petitions before him.

When I stopped and gave it to him I got a peace I couldn't understand. I'm still frustrated, and am realizing that like the Cross I have to pick up daily I have to give this to him daily until he takes it completely.

He knows what I can bear. I praise him for his control and for his timing. Patience is something that must be worked into me (into you) and unfortunately it's a painful growing process.


No comments: