Friday, October 5, 2007

I wonder

I was driving to work today.
Apparently there was an accident. Traffic was backed up for a good 15-20 minutes.
I didn't really care, I was running early. I turned up my music.
Some people did care though. One lady got extremely aggitated, and did something rash/stupid.
She decided to turn around in the grass median on 275 nearing the 74/275 split.
For those of you that know the area you know that the median kind of looks like this _/ (only not quite that steep).

She was frustrated enough that she decided this was as good a spot as any to make a U turn and so she took off, and because she was in a front wheel drive car she became majorly stuck as her front wheels went up and hung over the edge of the median, not quite meeting the pavement. There they spun and there you could see her gesturing wildly.

I laughed.
Because the second she did that traffic broke up and everyone moved pretty quickly down the highway.

Then I caught myself and wondered why Iwas laughing at someone else's misfortune.
Deffinately not Christ like. How often do I do things like that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ouch.
i think if i counted the times i did something like that today, i'd be so ashamed i'd never speak again. grace is wonderful. especially when we live it out.

love.