Saturday, October 13, 2007

Something Simple

Last night as I was driving home, I passed a hospital.

The first thing that struck me was the lit up cross on the side of the building, and then right after that the word MERCY lit up beside it. If people only knew how true that was. Yes the hospital is named Mercy, yes you can find some extent of mercy at this hospital, but oh how much more mercy you can find at the cross. Mercy that will forgive every sin you've committed, every sin you're going to commit. Mercy that will never abandon you, grow tired of you, stop loving you, give up on you, run out for you. There is so much mercy at the cross of Jesus that sometimes we fail to comprehend it.

We go through life acting as if there is nothing we can do to be clean enough. There is nothing that we can do to make it in God's eyes, that we've done to much wrong to deserve the mercy of Christ.

But that is just it, we have done to much. There is nothing we could ever do to make us deserving. We deserve hell, that is the penalty everyone has hanging over our heads. Each of us know deep down that we deserve nothing, we all deserve to die horrible deaths for everything we've done...yeah even for the little things.

God stepped in, stepped down, died a horrible death so we wouldn't have to. Became the perfect sacrifice so that we can be covered, paid for, extended mercy and grace to.

So even when I fail, mercy covers me.

It can cover you.

At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light.

At The Cross - Hillsong

Oh Lord You’ve searched me
You know my way
Even when I fail You
I know You love me


Your holy presence
Surrounding me
In every season
I know You love me
I know You love me


At the cross I bow my knee
Where Your blood was shed for me
There’s no greater love than this
You have overcome the grave
Your glory fills the highest place
What can separate me now


You go before me
You shield my way
Your hand upholds me
I know You love me


You tore the veil
You made a way
When You said that it is done


And when the earth fades
Falls from my eyes
And You stand before me
I know You love me
I know You love me


Healer - Ten Shekel Shirt

Healer heal me
Savior save me
Maker change me
Lover love me
Cuz I'm so tired of living for
The kind of love
That only lasts for a while
The pain, the shame
Tear me up inside

So I fall on my knees
To get back on my feet again
And I cry out for You
Would You please speak to me

1 comment:

ExWindChaser said...

Good stuff. What album is that hillsong song from? Shoot me an email. myjunk@inorbit.com