Saturday, August 23, 2008

flying out

Welp the next time I update will probably be an indication whether or not I'm moving.

Some stuff has been moving mighty quick lately. I had a second interview with Sugar Creek Baptist Church out in Sugarland Texas not two weeks ago. That went well, I emailed a few days later because they said they would set up number three with another guy, gave some times and said let me know when you would like it to happen. Tuesday of this week I get a random phone call, i recognize the area code and pick up. Third interview in the can, I thought it went well, but apparently they thought it went really well. I got a call a few hours later asking if this weekend I was free to fly down because they wanted to get me in before the youth were out for some reason (the position I'm in the running for is working in the youth ministry). I said HECK YES I CAN. The next day I had flight confirmations in my inbox and right now I'm sitting in Cleveland Airport waiting on my flight out to houston.

I really fell like this has been a God thing.
I've never felt like leaving Answers In Genesis was the wrong option. I still feel that way to this day, it's a great, God ordained place, but it was not for me. I had said when I left if I couldn't find anything that I would serve at a resturaunt in the interim. Frankly I feel like God was waiting for me to do that, to see if I actually would, to humble me. Days later I started on this process with the church. I feel totaly comfortable, and at peace with the entire thing.

Now the thing is, this church process could pan out to be nothing at all, and I understand that, but I'm also excited just to see God moving. If not here, then somewhere else. It is a confirmation for sure that I want to be part of a ministry full time in some respect doing what I love to do, media/tech work.

So a bit about this position, It's an Assistant Techincal Director. I'd report to the TD and the youth worship pastor. I'd be in charge of the tech for the youth ministry (lights, sound, video, stage design etc.) and then whatever else needs done. Doing training and team building with the youth involved in the services.

Bascially not a strech of the imagination seeing myself fill this at all.

Thanks to all who have prayed for my job situation.

My waiting room has been a couple months, and thats short in comparison to some peoples. Yet God is faithful to his own.


No comments: