Saturday, March 8, 2008

patientless waiting

Romans 9:16-17

It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. For the scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."


I'll tell you what, have some self worth issues, or problems thinking that you've got what it takes and then read something like that.

It never depends on what you do...but on God's mercy...I've messed up, I've run away before, I've tried my own way, I've tried on my own power to do it God's way...but it all comes back to God's mercy.

AND that he might display his power in you and proclaim it through you...wow...because of this I feel totally unworthy, yet I know this is his plan...in his timing. Later Paul goes on to talk about how God created some vessels to be in palaces and some to do common work. Whatever we are doing...do with all of our might to show God to those around us.

It's incredible. I picked up my bible wanting some 'inspiration' something that talked to my specific state of mind and particular influence and I get EXACTLY what i needed. God says...you're where you're supposed to be. My mercy is sufficient to deal with your position and your state. Just let me control it. You need to be ready to be used however I want you to be used.

I'm ready...waiting...impatiently...but I'm waiting.

No comments: