Thursday, August 23, 2007

They Never Got There Because They Never Listened

"Where am I going?"

There are a few times you ask yourself that question. You ask it when you graduate highschool, and again when you graduate college. You ask it when you're in a serious relationship, you ask it when you're in a job (or trying to find one).

How often do we ask ourselves in general where we are going?

They Never Got There Because They Never Listened

This is a quote from Hebrews 3 out of The Message, talking about Moses and the Israelites coming out of Egypt. Other versions say because of their disbelief they were unable to enter the promise land.

They weren't watching out for where they were going! They didn't listen to God and so they weren't able to enter his promise for them.

So I ask again...where are we going? are we listening to God? are we able to enter what he has laid out for us?

This is a hard question for me as I take a look at my life, daily struggling to enter the word and seek God, it's been a while and I'm searching for my groove. Praying God will keep me accountable and consistent. I want what he wants for my life, whether that is where he has me here and now, or he is prepping me for something in the future.

I've hear people say don't worry, God will direct you. I even tell myself that sometimes. God said to listen to him, to believe him. He never said we could not or should not ask where we're headed or to look forward. We may not get a quick or definitive answer, but we still need to ask, to seek, to follow and to listen.

No comments: