Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Singularity

Mae's newest album Singularity happened to be sitting on a shelve in FYE last night as I was walking by. It caught my eye and when I saw that it was Mae, I picked it up and walked straight to the register! Destination Beautiful was a great album, very melodic and mellow and totally consistent from front to back. This album is the exact opposite with a great upbeat tone and diverse sound from track to track. Mae keeps their beautiful melodies and haunting vocals and delivers it with a new energy and catchy rifts that will have you loving every second of this new release.

As Cities Burns was an group that i discovered some time ago when I went to Nashville with a few friends. Their aggressive vocals and high energy mixed with incredibly lyrics and amazing melodies drew me in. This sophomore release on Tooth and Nail's label has that same energy and lyricism but to be honest I was a little shocked at the lack of aggressiveness in this album. Apparently with age comes some serenity in their music, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They've matured a lot vocally and musically and there is still an heir of their former aggressiveness. If you are partial to a little bit softer style but still enjoy some hard edge to your rock, then give this one a try.

No comments: