Friday, May 16, 2008

1 Corinthians 3:18-20 (The Message)

18-20Don't fool yourself. Don't think that you can be wise merely by being up-to-date with the times. Be God's fool—that's the path to true wisdom. What the world calls smart, God calls stupid. It's written in Scripture,

He exposes the chicanery of the chic.
The Master sees through the smoke screens
of the know-it-alls.


I'm not even sure what to say right now. My heart is torn. I feel so bad for things going on in my family. My brother who wants to become like the prodigal son an flee home with as much cash as he can and party his life away. My aunt who has become addicted to cocaine and heroine.

A family in my church loosing a father and a brother within weeks of each other.

Then I read a passage like this....
Any words I have to offer are ones of stupidity. Why? Because they are of myself...my wisdom is nothing.

Also...what people see for themselves as wisdom is also fruitless. Mere stupidity, but because this is what the world tells them is good...they believe it. Or even if they don't believe it initially, they trick themselves into believing their own smoke screen.

God expose our own futile attempts for wisdom in our lives. There is so much pain and suffering, so much torn apart. Things that can only be healed with your wisdom, mercy and grace.

Please hold my tongue and shine your light to expose our own smoke screen.


No comments: