Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bathroom Pet Peeve

Most guys know and abide by certain rules. Among those rules are certain bathroom etiquette. I.E. if there is a row of urinals and they're all empty but one, pick the farthest away from the other guy.

I'll be honest with you, bathroom etiquette is a pet peeve of mine. I notice if you didn't wash your hands, or if you picked the stall right next to me, and if I'm in a predicament where I'm supposed to shake your hand (even if I haven't seen you near the bathroom recently) I'm gonna be reluctant to touch you.


So you will be understanding when I say that things like...talking in the bathroom is a no brainer. Don't frackin' do it. Seriously, if I'm standing at the urinal taking a piss and even though your washing your hands, I don't want to hold a conversation. I'm there to mind my own business. No I don't want to shoot the breeze with you while you're outside my stall and I'm taking a crap, I don't care if I work with you. It even comes down to, we're both washing our hands, and you want to start up a conversation. A quick hi or how's it going will suffice. Going on to tell me how your weekend went with the in-laws, or what you had for lunch (which apparently didn't agree with your stomach) is not kosher at all. I think it's even more annoying when you walk in on a conversation like this in progress. You're clogging up the entry/exit to the bathroom with your conversation. Leave.


The kicker is when you're standing at a urinal, and someone walks up next to you and insists on having a full out conversation with you whilst peeing. This in and of itself is bad enough but when your co-working/whoever turns toward you because they're an 'eye contact' person is worse. This makes me want to zip up mid-stream and walk out. Who taught these people bathroom etiquette? It's down right disgusting how many guys, break these simple man-laws...


In public I've had someone walk up at the sink and strike up a conversation about the shoes I was wearing. I don't care if you're a fag or not, don't talk to me in a bathroom, ESPECIALLY IF I DON'T KNOW YOU (and knowing me still doesn't give you the right).


Yes, that's right, all of these things happen to me...and it seems to be the rule rather than the exception. It is my hopes someone reads this and makes a bathroom etiquette sign that will be posted in male restrooms across the world. That way there is a simple reminder that in the bathroom no contact is good contact.


happy peeing

No comments: